I Dreamed in Technicolour

Life has always been so black & white for me. I knew what I wanted to be from 6 years old and have pretty much worked all my life to get it. Yes, I have taken a minute or two out to bask in the luxuries of life but I've never truly appreciated life and all its perks. In a bid to be more content this year, I realised that in order for you to embrace who you truly are, you have to give yourself room to discover who that is in the first place.
Sheer Crop Top : New Look | Sheer Skirt : Primark | Heels : Next
Hence I started the initiative to say 'yes' more. I spent most of last year saying 'no' to opportunities due to a lack of funding (saving for Bar School) or just not wanting to be the person I once was (staying away from bars & clubs) much to the irritation of my friends. But I soon discovered that it, in turn, made me miserable. It was like cutting myself off from life support, and in a sense, thats what your social network is. Thats not to say in a bid to live a more righteous life you should compromise your morals, but rather create viable alternatives if you think your network truly worthy of revival.
Gold Studs : Vintage | Gold Watch : Guess
I dreamed in technicolour. I was caging my life within this age-old box of black and white. Yes, pursue your dreams, but don't do so blindly. Don't miss out on the greatness that the world has to offer because you're dead set on achieving one thing. People lust after the dynamic (don't mistake this for loud) characters in the room; the ones that 'shine bright like a diamond' and everyone is left in awe. Don't wither with the shadows in the crowd because you're too scared to take the bull by the horns. Carpe diem bleurgher boos! I am intent on saying 'yes' (within reasonable limit) to more things and opening my eyes to the endless possibilities that life has in store.
Broadening your horizons will enrich your spirit. If you allow yourself to be boxed in, then you lose the rough edges that make you who you truly are. As discussed in my previous post, acknowledging your strengths and discovering what actually interests you will make you a more versatile candidate for greater things in life. I'm blessed to be surrounded by an ambitious network of friends, one of which enlightened me to some very accomplished individuals. The first thing I noted was that these professionals had dipped their toes into groundbreaking initiatives that are changing the scope of the professions as well as the world we currently live in. No one human is just one thing. Some are women; mothers to some and daughters to others, as well as a list of other things. Why then should we choose to chase after one thing only and cockblock the pursuit of others in the process?
Onyxsta says...BLEURGH!! Life isn't well lived in black & white. Learn to embrace the opportunities and you'll see your light shine bright. Xisses

13 comments

  1. Nodding along to everything written in this post, its something ive learnt over this year.

    You look really gorgeous

    Lola xx


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading guys :)
      I really appreciate the support of my peers, especially when I know we're literally sailing in the same boat.
      Can't wait to catch-up so you can fill me in on your journey

      (and thanks *blush*)

      Delete
  2. PREACH!I really agree with your message. I've been having the same mind-frame so much lately, I've also realized that I need to slowly loosen my ties with folks in my social circle that are not on the same page and try to 'cockblock' my joy or whatever reason. Life is MEANT for living after all.

    Loving that outfit boo! ^-^ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cutting off those that aren't benefitting you in a positive year is what I spent my last year doing and BOY! I'm SO happy with my small tight-knit bundle of joys that I have around me now. My ride or dies lol
      Life is most definitely meant for living

      Delete
    2. OOOH! And thanks for the outfit compliments too :)

      Delete
  3. I love reading your writing! I needed to see this TODAY. Thank you.

    ~Sherine
    Confessions Of A City Girl / Enerjiee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for reading; i love sharing so its a win-win :)
      Glad it moved you and helped you. I aspire to inspire x

      Delete
  4. Well said!
    Your write-ups are very inspiring!

    You look great dear.

    http://justporsh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS HUN!!!
      I'm glad my readership actually take the time out to read lol :)

      Delete
  5. Great post hun $ you look fab..Love ur hair x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very much appreciated sweetie :)
      I've changed my hair...friggin' hated it actually LOL
      Made me feel like a 10 year old caucasian boy *buries face*

      Delete
  6. looking haute in your pixie :)

    ReplyDelete