Dirty Laundry

The lyrics to Dirty Laundry evoked all sorts of emotions in me; rage, empathy, passion, drive. Never would you look at this independent woman and put her in the battered survivor category. Then again, whats a victim supposed to look like exactly?
 Blazer : ASOS | Top : Thrifted | Leather Leggings : Bershka 
I was speaking to a friend recently when this thought shot me, "you just never know". Every woman (or person even) has their demons that they're dealing with and coming on the scene summing them up by the shoes they're rocking or the bag they're toting by no means is a conclusive enough analysis of who they truly are. I know firsthand of a young girl who was in an abusive relationship but you couldn't guess from a mile off at the endless parties she PR'd for or the gorgeous makeup she used to shade away the bruises he'd caused. I know not why she remained with him that long, but that's just evidence of how you can't judge a book by its cover.
 Another BIY scarf tutorial for you guys. This one's more of a headband style
I'm commended time & time again about my demeanour and the confidence I carry myself with but don't be fooled. To think I just woke up and became the woman I am today would be the biggest joke. I crawled my way here and i'm sure Kelly Rowland probably feels the same. We are women and we have overcome the pains of bad relationships, periods, rejections, frenemies and all else in-between. That makes us warriors in our own right, but you must be careful not to sum up another's battle or diminish the weapon with which they choose to fight.
Scarf : Lexie's (BFF's-stolen like 10years ago LOL) | Necklace : eBay | Wedges : Primark
Kelly looks like she got it together....down pat! I questioned it when she went under the knife (I am very much anti-'under the knife' but to each their own) but the lyrics to this song are on a whole other level. Yes, she has A-List BFFs and she seems super comfortable with her sexuality (a bit TOO comfortable these days) but here we are seeing a glimpse into her struggle as a woman. I see this as an anthem far more powerful than the barrenness of any of Queen Bey's 'Girls' or 'Single Ladies'. This is a time that welcomes conversation and begs the questions about the wrapper that cases the real package within every woman. 
Onyxsta says...BLEURGH!! No one leaves their dirty linen out to dry, so be sensitive and show compassion to those you can't see struggling to just get by. Xisses

13 comments

  1. Cute blue jacket!

    "No one leaves their dirty linen out to dry" very well said. We all fight our own demons is the way I see it.

    "...but you must be careful not to
    sum up another's battle or diminish the
    weapon with which they choose to fight." I love this post. I've read it again and again. Gems of truth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked it!
      I was in a zone and I'm always so thrilled when my words speak to others.
      We DO all fight our own internal battles and its in no way for others to judge...

      Delete
  2. the clothes a person is wearing don't begin to cover even a quarter of a person's story. just goes to show, you can't judge a person by their appearance.also, love your jacket.did i say i love your jacket?i love it! and the clean look of the outfit as well.keep up the good content,babe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *applause* Clothes DON'T! I agree!
      Thanks sweetie...Bargain! Was from a store that wasn't actually asos but I'm SO thankful!

      Delete
  3. This is perfect, well said! Just because someone looks polished on the outside doesn't mean they're not going through some things. Also...Love your turban!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading hun
      I was inspired by the song and your post also actually.
      Love me some headgear :)

      Delete
  4. that wrap imparticular?
    It's giving me LIFE!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked how you tired the scarf. cool outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun. try it and lemme know how it works on ya x

      Delete
  6. Thanks hun :)
    Appreciate the love

    ReplyDelete