Resolved to One Solution

Happy New Year my beloved Bleurgher Boos! 
Being my first post of 2013, I think it only right to commence with what's expected of me; a ' resolutions themed post (with a twist of course). You see, this year I resolved to just ONE solution; contentment.
"I am content with what I have, Little be it, or much. And, Lord! Contentment still I crave, Because Thou savest such." Louisa May Alcott (Little Women) 
(inscribed on the wall of my primary school in Nigeria & has stuck ever since)

Coat : River Island | Shirt : Primark | Trousers : ZARA 
The past years consisted of lists themed around Mind | Body | Spirit. This year, I wanted a culmination of all three + more, hence my ONE resolution. I found that much of last year was spent in an unsatisfactory tizz, stressing over the irrelevant 'cos I'd procrastinated, not to mention the jealousy & envious bouts. No, this year I am determined not to wind up in the same disappointing pool of sweat. I am adamant not to work myself up because I'm not meeting a false standard I'd set myself in contrast to others. No! 2013, I will be content.

Turban : BIY (Tutorial Coming Soon by popular demand) | Watch : Guess (Bicester Village)
Rings : H&M | Brogues : New Look
Contentment doesn't equate to never wanting to change/ grow/ develop. On the contrary, it means an acceptance of your current position & a feeling of self- satisfaction that cannot be disturbed. There are goals I've set myself this year as a means of gauging my personal development, but I refuse to draft them as resolutions. The key difference being that there's no guilt attached if I fail. Drafting grand New Years Resolutions leads to dissapointment, remorse, and guilt. Resolving to just ONE thing and choosing to alter aspects of my life one step at a time is the best solution. Making this choice to be content in all aspects of my life means that I won't lose perspective of where I am, or where I'm heading.
So instead of subjecting yourself to that crash diet (proof is in the pudding, pun intended) which will inevitably end in the former of its title; a CRASH! Be content that the weight you're in is the direct result of your current eating habits. Abstain from the cliche of a lifestyle overhaul every new year; drastic change is unrealistic and is most likely to end up in a bounce-back to your former self. Slow & steady. The same is true in every aspect of life. My mindset in 2013 will not be as naive as it was at the beginning of 2012. I understand now that life is NOT a bed of roses. Its full of highs & lows, ups & downs, and leading a satisfactory, happy and content life means trudging through the lows and picking yourself up so you can enjoy sailing through the highs. No point digging yourself a grave when you're down, thats making Satan's/ your 'haters' jobs 10x easier.
Onyxsta says...BLEURGH!! Resolved to just one solution that encompasses every 2013 resolution. Xisses.

13 comments

  1. the topic of resolutions/goals has been a hot topic in the blogging world; i myself have done a post on the topic!

    what you have said about resolutions is so true; slow and steady really is the way to go.

    happy new year and wishing you all the best for 2013!

    www.thatgoodgirlchi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Its all about the place, but its only fitting to be fair.

      I will check out your blogpost on resolutions, but yes, slow & steady wins the race.

      Happy new year to you too x

      Delete
  2. Oh procrastinating is one my biggest enemies too.

    Ps I love what you wearing =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EURGH! Still battling procrastination but determined to win & doing good thus far :)

      P.P.S. Gracias darl xx

      Delete
  3. I like this post..Regardless of the resolutions we make and whether we achieve them or not, it boils down to the fact that in the end we appreciate what we have and where we are otherwise, it will always feel like we are back to square one where we were struggling to achieve goals just so we could say to ourselves that we finally did something right yet in the end we are still not completetly fulfilled!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and to this I wholesomely agree.

      If we live our lives in the state of mind that nothing is enough, we grow with insatiable appetites that will eventually consume all that we know and love, and rob of us of our said achievements & the dreams we hope to attain for the future.

      Thank you for taking the time out to read my post hun. Means a lot to me that you shared your thoughts too

      Delete
  4. Happy new year to you too dear. Oh yes there is nothing as peaceful as one being contented with whatever he/she has. I also love you outfit, and i also await the turban tutorials .

    http://frances-diaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I will definitely be getting to that turban tutorial soon as I've been asked quite often so its only fair lol

      Delete
  5. Happy New Year! You look lovely! Love those jeans! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou sweetie...happy new year to you too.
      ZARA baby! :)

      Delete
  6. That's a great resolution actually! And really cute outfit <3

    Love from the NaNa girls xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks hunny! Glad you like it :)

    I'll take a look at your blog ASAP x

    ReplyDelete