Class of 2011 : Graduation

Searching for the perfect grad dress and hair to match was quite the task so decided to take you guys along with me...enjoy the vleurgh!
I decided to go for the mushroom cut (BLEURGHair Coming Soon) and the white ZARA dress in the end. I actually purchased the yellow, chiffon shift ZARA dress but returned it as the graduation sash was purple and yellow & I didn't wanna look too coordinated. I accessorised the look with a gold belt I found in Primark (switched with the one I initially purchased at the Bloggers Meet)...Do you guys like the final look? I did! :)
Dress : ZARA (£20) | Belt : Primark (£1) | Clutch : TKMaxx (already owned) | Heels : ZARA (£20)
I was going for an elegant look. I can look fancy and dolled up to any party....grad day? I wanted it to be simple yet special. As my flatmate said...this is pretty much the only rite of passage left before my big wedding day, so why the hell not? Also, as I was donning white on the day, it seemed only fitting *blush* My makeup wasn't overdone as the dress was too classy to be trying to pull off a smokey eye or anything like that....but I added my BLEURGH flair with the shocking fuschia pink lip.
 The ceremony was the same as others I'd been to but was SO surreal! I can't believe I made it guys...I'm still in shock! I'm like....an adult now! WOW! I was surrounded with loving friends and proud family (pun unintended....seriously!) and i loved every minute of it. I'm not one to bask in the limelight but I was grinning so bloody much in the spotlight, my cheekbones ached at the end of the day.
 Went out to dinner in Red Hot with La Familia afterwards (this new restaurant in Manchester that just opened in April). It is just one branch in the chain of Europe's biggest buffet apparently and BOY was it AMAZE!?! There's SO much choice there its a bit intense....but I liked!
 I was SO full afterwards I had to unhook that belt one-time! SHEEEESH! THE memories....the dessert buffet was unheard of! DEF recommend this spot x Seems like only yesterday I was fretting about how to properly knot a tie on my 1st day to high school...or even further memories back to when I'd clasp the ankle of my daddy cos I didn't wanna go to Primary School in Naij. Now look at me...a graduate? BLEURGH!

Onyxsta says...BLEURGH!! Cheers to Class of 2011 *clank* Xisses

29 comments

  1. u look sooo beautiful! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the dress, very cute. and congrats!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww thanks lovelies! xisses

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh the food looks so yummy :D

    and you look amazing , very elegant the white dress was defo the right choice xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. GIRLCRUSH! You look gorgeous in that white dress, I want it...x

    http://followmein5inchheels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!
    I hope I look as good as you when I graduate.
    and mmmm that buffet I think I have to go Manchester soon.

    Jen xx
    jjnoir.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, dress looks amazing on you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm really happy that we like the same things.wonderful post dear.i am following you.follow back if u want :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely post!!! I love all the pictures you're such a doll thx for sharing.

    Thx for your sweet comment on my blog. I would love to follow each other if you like. Let me know.


    <3 Marina
    Fashion.MakeUp.LifeStyle

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for commenting on my new blog :)
    i love it to work with photoshop and i think i'm pretty good at it - i work with it more than 5 years i think :)

    feel free to follow me:
    http://modedecerisier.blogspot.com/

    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your graduation, love the outfit, so sexy and cutie...Also, thanks for stopping by, will be back...:=)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your graduation doll!*
    You looked fabulous!*

    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on graduating, that is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That dress is just SOOOO beautiful! I've been wanting a white dress and this is just perfect. Several months ago I found one at Zara but it was too 60's.. I still got it though and I love it but now I need a different one lol. Love how you paired it with the gold belt..
    Btw congrats! :)
    Thanks for your sweet comments
    http://alcinalci.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look great. The dress is lovely! :)
    Hope you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. you look fab hun, love the dress you chose x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats!!!! I cant wait till my time!

    ReplyDelete
  18. congrats on graduating! You look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  19. congratulations! and that choice of dress is beautiful, it's such a gorgeous classic dress :) and your meal looks amazing, om nom nom!!
    thank you for your sweet comments, and no I've never been told i looked like her before so thank you, that's a massive compliment! :)
    xxx
    Catflicks

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations grad!!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! You've got a pretty cool one over here! I'll definitely be back!

    ReplyDelete
  21. congratulations of graduating onyeka...knew you'd always do well..xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for all your sweet comments on my blog! You are so adorable!!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on your graduation girl !! You looked super Chic !! Love your hair too, love short hair, it suits you very well !! Thanks for your beautiful comments too :)
    xx

    http://mlletrendy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on your graduation and OMG...the food looks great.

    ReplyDelete