Love and Other Drugs...

Hey dolls! I went to see Love and Other Drugs on Orange Wednesday (well, none of us could activate the orange iPhone app or had an orange sim but you get the point lol) and I have to say, its in my faves RomCom list right behind The Notebook. What a classic? It really got me thinking (along with the million questions daily asking me what I'm doing for Valentines' Day?) about contemporary love and its practical reality.
 Fur HeadCandy : Primark | Neck Candy : (Detached from a clutch) | Blazer : Miss Selfridge 
Shrug (Jumper converted) : Manchester Boutique | Tank : H&M | Leather Shorts : Primark
I guess when you're younger you have all these lists of things you wanna accomplish and get done, and then you LIVE and reality sets in and steals away your dreams (well, if you let it I guess *shrugs*)! And the sad thing is, on that list is 'The perfect Guy'...oh boy! Reading a lot and just bleurghing with friends has alerted me to a fundamental fact that apparently, at this age (20-25), everyone should have had their heart broken once. Now, the effect of this is what I wanna bleurgh about...
 GNO (Girls' Night Out) Outfit
Off-The-Shoulder Top : Allders | Bodycon Skirt : H&M | Peeptoe Ankle Boots : Barratts
Its easy to dwell on that ONE person and let it steer your life to a lonely path of destruction, like Jake Gyllenhal in the movie. He'd become a calculated emotionless psychopath, like most of us this age, trying to prove that dating around and having empty, meaningless flings is fulfilling....but we all know the truth *sigh*
 Oversize Cardigan : Primark (MensWear) | V-Neck Jumper : Lee Cooper | Skirt : Primark | Boots : Allders
To pull yourself away from that and actually decide to fix yourself in prep of the next one is a hard battle. There is temptation everywhere and tbh, its harder to say no than yes, but hey! On the journey to self-discovery, who said there weren't gonna be any bumps along the way?
Finger Candy : Bonita's | Watch : Guess | Nail Polish : Nails Inc (Germyn Street) & Barry M (Racing Green)
 I guess its laughable that girls spend their entire life waiting and planning for the one, and building every relationship up to this idealised mould. But its lovely to dream isn't it? As the realist I am, I watched the movie in awe. Quite like The Notebook, the characters were relatable...they weren't gushy, lovesick puppies from the start. They doubted, they fell out, and then worked it out. Thats life! You can't sit on your romp and expect Prince Charming to come-a-calling, life awaits and so does love...get up, and get it.
Onyxsta says...BLEURGH!!"There's a lot I don't understand about life. You meet thousands of people, and then you meet one person and your life is changed" Love & Other Drugs...Xisses

24 comments

  1. you know about orange wednesday's hahahaha the cheaper the better I say :)
    I really wanna watch that film!
    Loving the leather shorts, I really want a pair :( x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, I love floral print and it looks so good on you <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Love and other Drugs too! Such a good film. I love Anne and Jake. Definitely one of my fave rom coms too. The Notebook has to be my all time favourite though :)

    I love the outfit in the last few photos. Your skirt and cardigan are beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. loved the movie. loved this post. loved your clothes. that is all xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. loved the movie too...learning to love a person for who they are not what you want them to be.
    Love the outfits too and seriously a bottle of vodka? lol

    PS: Not sure who's ruining my anon status.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love both outfits ! the floral print on the skirt is so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. loving seeing sistahs rocking their style..GET IT GIRL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. top anon is weird and clearly has too much time their hands,my favourite is the going out dress, it so cold that my legs have not been seen for time! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've not heard of that movie but I'll check it out. I love rom-coms and the Notebook is a classic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. sure! thx for commenting :)

    love the color of the cardi ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. well cute outtys hunnn!
    love them
    xx


    www.gottaheartfashion.blogspot.com
    following ya
    show that love bk

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOOOVEEE the third outfit! so stunning


    love your blog hon. we might have some in common,
    a fashion blog by lydialee!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your blog rocks! Nice picture!
    Could you check out my blog and follow me? I'll be very happy if you do it!
    Thank you so much!

    www.cipollainspiration.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm slowly figuring this fashion thing out... I need to add more colors to my wardrobe and then figure out how to wearmy pieces together!

    Kay
    www.lovenwright.blogspot.com
    hair .|. finance .|. womanhood

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your blog! You look gorgeous in every single one of these outfits :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. love your girls night out outfit x

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE your style!!! thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love those Barratts Peeptoe Ankle Boots xoxo www.shoe-radar.com

    ReplyDelete